SHARK LASER DETAILS
The Shark Laser, finest underwater laser made
The Shark Laser set; laser, lanyard, spare O-ring, charger and battery packed in a deluxe zipper EVA carrying case
We are proud to introduce the SHARK Laser, our newest model: The only underwater laser with all of these features.
- Up to 38 % brighter than other lasers in the same power class. (<5 mW IIIa is the most powerful laser now made for underwater use that is legal in the United States.
- Can safely dive to 400 feet.
- Made from anodized aircraft grade aluminum.
- Cooling fins to prevent heat buildup from dimming beam
- Can be operated even while wearing heavy dive gloves.
- Miniatured size for convenience in carrying and mounting on devices
- Can be left on for entire dive without overheating
- Heavy duty wrist lanyard
- Uses single 18650 Li-ion 3.6 V rechargeable battery good for up to 4 hours of use
- Dimming laser beam indicates battery needs charging
- Universal US plug battery charger
- Deluxe zipper EVA carrying case
The ability to point and signal conveniently, day or night, is now provided by the green laser. It is fast becoming a necessary item in every diver's gear list. (The images on this page are simulated)
- Convenient size, 5 inches long, 1 inch diameter. Easy to mount on devices, hold in your hand, slip in pocket or hand on D ring on your gear..
- Only one moving part. No buttons to operate or turn (or leak). The only moving part is half of the entire unit allowing you to operate it easily even while wearing heavy diving gloves. It also makes it easy for people with small hands to operate because you don't have to use your finger tips to turn anything. You can grasp it with your entire hands.
- Heavy duty wrist lanyard with locking slide. May be hung safely from your wrist or equipment D rings without fear of loss.
- Why is green the laser of choice for SCUBA? The color that is most visible to the human eye is green. The water itself is a filter that absorbs most colors but it allows green to pass almost without resistance. It is about 30 to 50 times brighter than the red lasers being sold for underwater use. Using a red laser under water would be like using a pingpong paddle in a tennis match instead of a tennis racket.
- Increased brightness US Federal law limits the power of this class of laser.
- Power is supplied by one of the newest rechargeable 18650 Li-ion batteries. It is 3.6 volts compared to all of the previous lasers which use 2 AA batteries giving a total of only 3 volts. Li-ion batteries hold a charge better and longer than the older style rechargeable NiMH or Nicad batteries. They also do not have a memory so you can recharge them any time it is convenient rather than waiting for them to completely recharge.
- It comes with battery, Charger, a set of spare O-rings and the deluxe zipper case.